Thursday, September 25, 2008

love betsy

oh my f-ing god you guys.

Can you believe it. I mean, every single thing ever that was ever made to be sold to a woman except for maybe herpes medication or a breast cancer fundraiser ( i.e. problematic diseases and stuff we like to feel sorry for women about) is made to uphold the idea, against all kinds of reality, that women are supposed to be married to their households.

I have not had a television since I left home for college, but I've been subjected recently to stuff like the Discovery Channel, chanel, what? And sometimes the occasional episode of What Not to Wear. I'm just kidding. sort of. Oh my god I'm so ashamed. If you ever want to feel really paranoid about going outside watch this show.

So between these so called programs, there is this one f-ing commercial that keeps popping up and its about a mop. The swifer mop that mom fell in love with... and this broom keeps showing up trying to win her back. Because now she has a swifer, that skank whore. And the broom is like trying to woo her and give her flowers and shit. Baby come back.

So, if that's not a great example of objectification and mannequinism and how it's looping women around in this neverending oscillation between wanting to be perfect and not being good enough, well then...

In my current research I have found that alot of women are curious and skeptical and dare I say a little turned on by this housewife stuff. now let me see...why could that be?

Even if you close your eyes really hard and scream at the top of your lungs till you pass out you still can't ignore that one of the most prevalent images that women have of themselves in a succesful moment is the image of a good clean counter-top, or a seven minute hamburger helper casserole. Wow, I can finally breathe easy you guys cause now I dont have to kill a chicken.

Didn't we evolve past simple instincts? Aren't we supposed to have, like a creative urge for metaphor and symbols?
I'm going to go ahead and mention that john Lennon wrote a song called Woman is the Nigger of the World.
I think that's true.
Mysoginy wins! I guess that will take care of this Sara Palin bullshit. whew...

The sad thing I think is that all these women, myself included are hungry and actually inspired to have a connection with home that harkens back to a time when there was a hearth. Ok so you dont have to get in the hearth and make out with a bottle of windex, but the bastardization of this lovely connection is what I think confuses women so much.

Oh gee I guess im just domestically challenged.
It's not you its the house.

love,
betsy

1 comment:

✩Molly✩ said...

I loved this, and am so happy I accidentally happened upon your blog. You definitely call an ace an ace, and I appreciate it. A breath of fresh air, that's you.